Your Nav Bar Here

Sunday, 19 February 2012

February: The Plan

TITLE: Here Comes the Bride
YEAR: 1952
PUBLISHED: Golden Books
ILLUSTRATED BY: Betty Anderson

Starting with a slip feels like the most appropriate way to kick off this project. This doll is the Maid of Honour from Here Comes the Bride. She is dressed in a pretty blue slip with lace appliques and whilst I did think of tracking down a vintage slip pattern, as soon as Sherry of pattern~scissors~cloth posted this variation of her free Ruby Slip pattern, I knew I had found the right one.


4 comments:

Debi said...

LOVE this project! How fun!!!

Mikhaela said...

Oh how fun! Are you going to alter the underbust seamline to match your inspiration? I'm making this pattern right now and I think I'm going to make the underbust seams go at an angle (I have a bias-cut dress pattern with that kind of seaming that I'm going to copy).

Janice said...

I love the illustrations! Are there going to be pattern modification tutorials here too?

Violet Rays said...

IS it possible to See the bLog?

Post a Comment